But hey,it's your Much-awaited fairytale day & you have envisaged that ideal look & then you hire that Makeup Artist & Lo & behold,you are disappointed by what you see in the mirror.Noone else can be blamed except you which is why you should make this choice carefully & i intend to guide you.
Why the fuss about a makeup Artist:
- Wedding Makeup Is Complicated: Every minute detail comes into play because Pictures Last a Lifetime
- Longevity of your Makeup is important: Every bride desires her makeup to last a lot longer than it would when she applies her makeup & a makeup artist should possess those tools.
- Makeup is expensive: If every bride has to get all the tools a Professional uses to achieve a more polished look, believe me when i say that you would spend a lot more than you would have paid the artist & so,why bother.
- The last thing you want to worry about is whether you are late to church or not.
- What training/Education they have
- How long they have been in the industry
- Pictures of her past brides/clients
- If it's a full time/part-time career
- Who their Favorite/least favorite bride was
- If she personally will attend to you on your day/if she'll be sending her staff over(This i've found out is very upsetting to most Nigerian Brides. The truth is they hire a Makeup artist with hopes that she will personally attend to them. But if that makeup artist is most sought after, there is every likelihood that he/she might not be able to except you booked them ages ahead. In that case,book him/her 6 months prior)
- His/her fees(Compared to the ones you know about,are their prices reasonable & are you getting value for your money)
- Will a Trial Look be done on you(You should have an idea of how you will look on your Big DaySome artists charge for Trials & others don't,but get booked after the said trial,SO ASK!!!)
For more help,you can ask: FRIENDS,YOUR WEDDING PLANNER or PHOTOGRAPHER
WHAT YOUR ARTIST EXPECTS OF YOU:
- To get in touch as early as possible ,so as to book you down!
- 1-uniterrupted hour to work his/her magic(Away from Bridemaids & Parents Fussing)
- Cleanse & moisturize your face prior to the artist's arrival
- Discuss all extra applications(Bridesmaids,Maid of Honor,Mother of the Bride & Bride's Change of Clothes) ahead & conclude on fees.