yesterday my dear friend Ibilola came over & was going to a small get together later that day, so we had a makeover session.
A few months ago, i had the pleasure of being her makeup artist & to a degree i was familiar with her skin type. She's dark in complexion and is lightest in her t-zone(like most people) & has got MAJOR oily but baby soft & firm skin with a few blemishes on both sides of her jaw.
So i did a look & made her lip color complimentary with the color of her top( not something i do often ). Being a black beauty, colors in shades of plums i find are most flattering on people with similar skin tones & brings back warmth to their faces after foundation application.
She was a happy bunny by the time i was done *funny girl*
Products used :
- Boots No7 Face Primer
- MaryKay Medium Coverage Foundations in 607 & 808
- Black Opal Stick Foundation in CAROB
- MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in Dark Deep
- Sleek Superior Cover Pressed Powder in WoodSmoke
- Black Radiance Blush in Plum Sorbet
- Davis Brow Pencil in 018 & MAC Spiked Brow Pencil
- MaryKay Eyeshadow Primer
- MAC Eyeshadows in Bronze & Coppering
- Miss Rose Wet Eyeshadows in a Light Shimmery Pink & Burnt-Orange (For the inner & outer corners respectively)
- Half lashes in 307
- MAC LipPencil in Magenta
- MAC Amplified Lipsticks in Viva Glam Nicki 2 & Rebel
- MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl
If you don't have all these products, don't fret. Similar looking lipsticks & blushes will bring a lot of color to your face.Enjoy replicating the look