Wednesday, July 3, 2013

You Live In My Heart - Adenike Ogungbe!

Hmmmmmm!

Wednesday July 3rd,2013 is so far the saddest day of my life.A priceless jewel in the Nigerian Makeup Industry went to be with the Lord. Adenike Ogungbe (Head Makeup Artist at Ewar Makeovers) :  Kind-hearted, Loving, Funny, Blunt, Talented, Savvy, Polished, God-fearing, Persistent, Motivated, Genuine - these are just a few words to describe my dear friend,sister and confidante .




Doing her thing while people watched & learnt
Though we were colleagues in the industry, she inspired me and always made sure I got the recognition she felt my art deserved. We learnt so much together, our hang-outs, lunch dates and photo sessions are most cherished.

I owe the pictures in the banner head of my blog to her because she captured all of them superbly & i'll cherish them forever.



Full of wisdom beyond her years,Adenike was a fighter,dogged and would not settle for less. Oh death,where is thy sting?

You taught with Passion




It's hard to talk about you in 2nd Person. When we spoke, it was refreshing. If i sounded funny / upset about something, you made sure you got to the root of the matter. If there was a business venture, you made sure i knew about it & joined if i was interested. You taught me how to save - Do Ajo ; Make a 'Kolo' , you helped me perfect my gele tying when i struggled with it - I still can't tie like you.

You referred me to clients as often as possible, you did your things judicilously. You were a wonderful boss to your staff, noone was beneath you. We would talk about You-tube gurus, rave about the newest mac lipsticks you acquired. Compare notes with makeup products, skin types.

Your 1st & Only You-tube Video was a hit, despite the rubbish commenters on Bella Naija!

A few days ago, you asked me to buy you a certain blemish cream i used. I've gotten it for you Adenike, how do i get it across to you??? oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we all can do a good job of telling your daughter how remarkable a woman her mother is / was. You were a Role Model. You had great plans for your daughter, some that noone knew.

I miss you darling and if there was a thing as another life, I would choose you again to be my friend and sister.

I Saved All Your Pictures When You Still Used a Blackberry


I Still remain Your Greatest Fan With A Bruised Heart!!!

12 comments:

  1. Kumbi, I'm still in shock...been asking why

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched hr video on how to tie the gele and I still have the video I was inspired too bad she's Gone. May God grant her family the fortitude to bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cnt help d tears...she was my mentor...I pray her soul is laid 2 eternal rest

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad........may her soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. God knows best, we can't question him. The one that knows the end from the beginning...May her precious soul rest in perfect peace...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still in shock, I still cant help but ask why? Rest in peace, Ewar, you were beautiful inside and outside....your smile always makes me smile....May God comfort your husband, daughter, parents, loved ones, family, friends and every1 that is mourning you at this time. You came, you left a great impact here on earth and we all will remember your works, I still remember your last post on your blog, capable hands...God be with you till we meet again in eternal life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't hold d tears, what a life??? God have mercy on her and may her soul rest in God's bossom.
    I admire her jobs and have learnt a lot from her & her blog!

    Adieu Ewar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just can't hold the tears.May God grant her loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friends & Fans of Ewar Investigates the suspicious circumstances surrounding Adenike's death. Ewar was an angel, we F.O.E demand justice for her. She deserved the best. We are investigating the place in Sagamu and why she was confined to such a place by her family. Rest-On Ewar, your legacy lives on. The negligence leading to your death and all those responsible will be exposed and brought to justice

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://friendsofewar.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Sad! Still in shock! Rip Ewar

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could they be so wicked to keep her in Sagamu? I was told she was in Lagos. Why didn't they just send her to her parents? This is not fair at all. Yes please.....every Nigerian wants to know why and where she was in Sagamu. Shame on those in-laws! Rip Ewar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,your comments are very much appreciated.

xoxo
PrettyK