Wednesday, August 18, 2010
SO I HAVE SKIN,THEN WHAT NEXT??
So,the last time,i spoke about skin,just to clear the air & before i delve into makeup at all,we need to understand our skin(BLACK SKIN).
And it seems due to our weather, everyone seems to have oily skin
But the misconception people have or shud i say,the question in people's mind is 'WHY SHUD I MOISTURIZE(CREAM) MY ALREADY OILY SKIN??
Shud i say that i noticed that when i apply little moisturizer or not at all to my face,within minutes,you wud think i were about to fry an egg.
What im trying to say in essence is that no matter the skin type,its a MUST to moisturize your skin after you must have completed your CTM(Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing[Totology,i know!]) Regimen.
Because the Body is tricked into believing that the face & oil ducts are very dry hence, producing more oil.
So here are a few tips that will help you get more Beautiful,Nourished & Younger Looking Skin:
- Cleanse your face daily to remove dirt, oil and makeup.
- Avoid abrasive cleansers or cleansing products, which tend to irritate your skin.
- Cleanse facial skin with your fingertips, massaging gently in a circular motion.
- Use products designed for your skin type only: oily, dry, normal, combination, sensitive, acne-prone or hyperpigmenting.
- Exfoliate if you need to remove dull, dead skin cells by using gentle exfoliating acids found in skin products
- Cleansers, toners or astringents containing alcohol, propylene glycol, fragrance, or dyes.
- Products containing essential oils that are concentrated oil extracts from plants.
- Moisturizers containing fragrance, lanolin, dye, alcohol or propylene glycol.
- Sunscreens containing fragrance, oil, PABA.
- Makeup containing oil: Wearing oil based makeup when oily skin is a problem only adds to the problem. Wear as little makeup as necessary to achieve the desired look. When wearing a liquid or cream foundation is desired, choose an oil-free foundation and finish with a powder to seal the foundation. If possible, opt for mineral and all natural powder based foundations to help prevent oily skin.
- Alpha-hydroxy acid in high concentrations or at certain pHs.
- Dark skin women (and men) should use sunscreen daily.
- Always apply sunscreen 20 minutes before exposing your skin to the sun.
- Apply sunscreen generously to skin (face, neck and hands).
- Reapply additional sunscreen after exercising or swimming.
- Do not use sunscreen after expiration dates or after one year.
- Apply sunscreen before applying makeup.
- Use a sunscreen that meets your personal preferences.
To care for healthy dark skin is to nurture your skin. Use only the highest quality soaps, cleansers, toners, moisturizers, astringents, anti-aging products, and anti-acne agents available.
Have fun & if you have any questions,don't hesitate to send me a mail - email@example.com & PLEASE leave a comment!!
at 1:16 PM