Permit me to discuss a topic i'm sure will be beneficial to every woman (or man) that wants the best makeup application possible and i hope it proves helpful.
Makeup most of us know dates back many centuries,even recorded in the bible,and has been an integral part of life. So when i hear people smirk/frown against those who do, i wonder who they are kidding.
But on many occasions,i have Spoken & chatted with women & men who tend to be severely concerned about their skin & it's appearance,most especially their battle with the dreaded 'ACNE'. Most people have self-medicated with 'AMPICLOX/TETRACYCLIN/ERITHROMYCIN' (antibiotics) for countless years without any particular improvement to their skin.
I won't go into the Topic of Acne since the internet has exhaustive articles but i'm gonna give a few pointers:
- Acne is a skin disease, fight it!
- Acne is the number one cause of Low-self esteem in humans.
- Acne can only be covered to a certain degree by makeup, except you plan on piling on makeup the size & height of the acne cysts(shame on you).
- You most likely are the one to blame for how badly your skin has become
- Acne isn't a problem of the face alone, it affects the upper parts of the chest as well as the back(Pregnant women face this a lot).
- Wear a silk scarf / cap to bed. If that's not convenient, wash / change your pillowcases every week
- Stop picking at the whiteheads.This is one of the reasons for the Black / Red Blemishes that remain on your skin after the cyst goes away. Many times, you transfer bacteria to your face via your hands which are almost never clean.
- Imbibe a CTM (Cleansing , Toning & Moisturizing) Regimen & do so 2wce a day. If you sleep off / forget to do so after work, do it immediately you wake up & remember.
- Always remember to take off every trace of makeup, even if its only eye makeup you have on. That's where the CTM Regimen comes into play.
- Use products that contain Benzoyl Peroxide, Glycolic Acid OR Salicylic Acid as these are active ingredients that help fight acne e.g. PROACTIV, EXPOSED, DERMACLEAR et al
- Check your diet for foods(esp. those with high glycemic load) that trigger the intensity of the cysts e.g. Bread, Milk, Peanuts, Chocolates, Pastries et al.
- Use Non-comodogenic products (Primers,Foundations & concealers), that won't clog your pores & trigger more outbreaks.
- Wash your makeup brushes & sponges. Throw away any bad / torn sponges & keep your makeup in a clean makeup bag.
- Don't self medicate. From my research, i discovered Oral Vitamin A supplements (e.g. ACCUTANE) causes Birth Defects after a long period of use. I also learnt that any woman trying to get pregnant shouldn't use Antibiotics as a preventive measure
In Conclusion, proper skin care & habits are the surest way to fighting ACNE. Best of Luck.
Pls feel free to ask me any questions by leaving a comment or send a mail to email@example.com.