as part of my promise to review products in my new haul. Here is my 1st input. These brushes i ordered through my very wonderful Sister & Talented Makeup Artist, KK(Kemi Kings). Having been an avid fan of Samantha & her sister,Nicola (The Pixiwoo Sisters) on You-tube, it would definitely be no surprise that i would want to try my hand on Sam's Brushes & so the 'Core Collection' was what caught my fancy.
|Samantha Chapman (Co-Founder Pixiwoo)|
The brushes arrived last week & i must say,i couldn't wait to try my hands on the brushes, most especially the Buffing Brush (which i must confess was my primary target,lol).
|In it's Packaging|
HOW I USE THEM
- The Contour brush - I use this to Contour & Highlight areas on my face i want definition in as well as setting my undereye concealer & it does a swell job as so
- The Pointed Foundation brush - For best results, use with a Liquid Foundation
- The Detailer brush - It's actually a Concealer brush, but can be used as a Lipbrush & precision eye brush
- The Buffing Brush - It was actually created for Full-coverage application of Powder & Mineral Foundation, but i particularly love to use this for Liquid Foundation & i find that i use less product with this brush.
|L-R Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer brush & Buffing Brush|
- The Buffing & Contour brushes are super dense and gentle on the skin
- They are Great Quality for their affordable price
- The taklon bristles are hand-cut & 100% cruelty-free
- For new makeup artists or an average woman, the brushes have names written on them for easy recognition.
- All the brushes have Self-standing bases for easy display
- The aluminium ferrules are so light and are easy to hold and handle
- The ergonomics of the brush is well thought out, I love the copper color too
- On washing, the brushes didn't shed hairs, which made that super cool and the taklon bristles turn as white as new after washing
- The Brush case doubles as an organizer for pencils, like i did below
|My New Pencil Organizer ;)|
- For now, i see no cons :)
I hope this review was helpful